Thursday, March 26, 2015

Peoples Creative Impulses


Happy Hour!
My husband and I went out to a happy hour at a wonderful fish market restaurant "Black Salt" on MacArthur Blvd., in Washington, DC.  Martini's and oysters!  A great break in the middle of the week not to mention, Jeff Black's restaurants in this area are legendary.  What I love about this particular location is that the the restaurant front is really a fish market!  On your way to the bar/restaurant you pass fresh fish on ice that you can purchase to take home for a home cooked meal.  Lovely and so fresh!  On this particular occasion is that the fish monger had a little fun.  A large red snapper was on display not only because he is beautiful, but the fish man will clean it up for you if you want the whole fish.  But last night the fish man had put a smaller fish in the mouth of the snapper!  So cute, funny, and - quite true!  This little piece of creative Wimsey I think is in all of us - and I love to see it come out!  It was also reminder to me that even to a what seems to be a simple happy hour to alleviate a hard work week for me - always bring my camera a long!  So, I've penned a image of what I saw.  It doesn't do the actual image justice, but I love to draw - if your creative output makes you smile, why not?!

My fifteen celebrating the everyday creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment