Sunday, March 29, 2015

Keep Your Germs to Yourself, Please

Sick Woman In Bed By Pills On Bedside Table
Keep your Germs to Yourself, Please

I know how good it feels to feel better after being sick.  It's wonderful to be alive, isn't it!  Great feeling, but friends, use a little judgement!

On my little street alone, I am lucky to have 5 other neighbors who have a senior graduating from high school this year!  These 5 kids have grown up together, and this is our last hurrah from the days when we used to have neighborhood pizza/cocktail parties.   So the parent(s) of these 5 got together last night for a planning party - we are going to have a block graduation party!  One parent brought BBQ for us to sample as that is what he is suggesting gets catered for the party.  Fine, several flavors and several salads, biscuits and cornbread.  It was one parents birthday so a cake arrived, I brought the wine.  Good times.  Three out of seven of us were sick!?   One of the parents missed worked for a week and half - I have never known her to miss work - she must have been really, really sick.  What are you doing here?   I would have been happy to postpone - graduation isn't until June.  It's March.  The coughing that was going on was louder than a car horn!    People repeatedly asked the hostess how she was feeling - she looked ill.  Her husband and I drank the wine and everyone else nursed cups of tea.  The planning worked out, I brought home a lot of leftovers from the BBQ joint that Doug suggested for my BBQ loving husband.  I swallowed vitamin C while he ate.  Like I said, feeling a bit better after being down and out for almost 2 weeks, I get it.  But I don't want to get it.   I was ready to down my wine and head home to my vitamin C after the birthday girl didn't want to blow out her candles so not to spread her germs over the food
She used her hand to blow out the flames.  Cake everyone?  I'll pass, thanks.

15 minutes of love to share the memories, but keep your ills at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment