Monday, March 16, 2015

Some books I don't get



Some books I just don't get!

I am sure Gretchen Rubin is a wonderful person - but I don't get her "Happiness Project" that landed in my book group.  She lives in a great area in New York City - no rats in her building because the door man won't let them in.  She a seemly wonderful husband and a healthy happy little girl, She has a well respected job in the publishing business that she doesn't seem to moan about when she needs to hop out of bed to go to work.Why does she need to challenge herself to be happy?!  I fell like with all of those wonderful people and things going well in her life, if she needs to challenge herself to be happy - she needs therapy.  She needs to take a bus to some other neighborhoods in NYC and take a look at some peoples struggles.  She needs to take her girl to the pond and sail a toy boat in Central Park.  We all need to have more fun - it's called saying "Yes!" to that invitation to join an outing or a cocktail party.  Nobody offering invites?  Have the invites come from you.  Boom.

I put the book back.

That's my five minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment