Saturday, March 21, 2015

High School Senior Attitude


High School Senior Attitude

Once my girls top college choice came in with a resounding yes - she has had a "up yours" kind of attitude towards everything.  With a smile on her face, but "what the f***k" on everything!  One of the top college fashion schools final due date was after her top choice came in - and she got her notice today that she was not accepted.  She didn't care!  While I am happy not have to mop her up off the floor, but her confession (not under duress) was upsetting.  
The final push on this particular schools application came when she was really busy she said, and it was true - but let's face it, she didn't try as hard since she got the school she wants.  Is it a grown up thing or a personality thing that one would work as hard as you can to see if you could win a spot at this top fashion school?
She dropped the ball, on purpose, and didn't care.  But she'll never know now.  Don't I know as a grown up that she'll wonder one day - what if I put my all in getting in there, would I have been accepted or rejected?

My 15 minutes as the grown up

No comments:

Post a Comment