Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Going back

I've started drawing and painting again!  I find myself settling down after a long day of work and after dinner drawing animals, balloons afloat in the sky, a little red canoe - it's mesmerizing!  Wine is relaxing too, and probably helps with the process, but this is the bomb.  I am so happy!  As the mother of four, my watercolor days have been on hold for a pretty long time.  Attending the Corcoran College of Art are some of my happiest memories - after my four children of course!  I feel one step closer to getting my children's books published if I can at least convie my ideas with a simple pen and ink idea.  Publisher's  discourage you to submit book ideas with your own drawings unless you are in industry professional.  I am no Jan Brett, but I would think an inkling of what I see for the story is a good idea.  And it feels so good to get back to the creative process of making a picture!  It kinda started with my husband needing to be a part of basketball's March madness.  I have no need for this.  So drawing and sketching during my show's is ideal.  Except for Scandal - that's a full attention full glass of wine arena!

That's my five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment